Home Page Forums Millie Carpenter Student Forum What are you excited to learn about this year?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Millie CarpenterMillie Carpenter
    Participant

Share with the class WHAT you are excited to learn about this year! It can be anything from your core subjects (math, language arts, reading, science, and social studies) or a new hobby or skill! BONUS: WHY are you excited to learn about this new subject or skill?

Millie CarpenterMillie Carpenter
    Participant

I am excited to relearn some Latin phrases this year. My son is taking Latin this year (with the SAME teacher I had in 8th grade – pretty COOL if you ask me) & I think it would be good to learn some things right along with him! I used to be able to say the pledge of allegiance in Latin from memory, but not anymore! I’ll let you know when I can do this again! The only thing I remember from my Latin class right now is “Manus manum lavat” which means one hand washes the other! I loved my Latin class in 8th grade because I was able to apply all the things I was learning prefixes, suffixes, root words, etc into my personal reading! I felt like a WORD DETECTIVE as I read new chapter books outside of class. Do you know any Latin words or phrases?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.